Craving a burger but trying to stay healthy? Why not try this Bakers Delight recipe for their 'BBQ on a Roll'
600g coarsely minced beef
1 tbsp. coriander, chopped
1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tbsp. olive oil. for brushing
1/2 cos lettuce, shredded
4 slices tasty cheese
1 tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
4 Wholemeal County Grain Rolls
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
250ml of vegetable or light olive oil
1/2 tbsp. white vinegar
1 headed tbsp. seeded mustard
- To make the beef burgers:
- Mix the beef, herbs, spices and salt & pepper in a medium bowl.
- Form into four thick patties.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the mayonnaise:
- Whisk the egg yolk and Dijon mustard in a bowl.
- Continue to whisk and slowly add the oil (it should take about 2 minutes.)
- Add the vinegar, and whisk for 1-2 minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
- Season with salt and stir in the mustard.
- Remove the burgers from the refrigerator and brush with olive oil.
- Cook the burgers in a pan on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each size or until cooked.
- Slice the rolls in half, and place one burger on each base.
- Divide the lettuce, cheese, tomato, and red onion between the burgers.
- Spread a spoonful of the mayonnaise over the remaining roll halves, and place on top of the burgers.
- Serve immediately.