- 1 Turkish Loaf, cut into bite-size squares and toasted
- 1 small cantaloupe, scooped into balls
- 1 small honeydew, scooped into balls
- 1 small seedless watermelon, scooped into balls
- 20 mozzarella balls
- 5 thin slices of ham, cut in half
- 5 thin slices of salami, cut in half
- Small wooden skewers
- Basil leaves
2 cups fresh basil leaves, stems removed
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsps. red wine vinegar
1 small shallot
Pinch of salt & pepper
- Make the basil vinaigrette by blitzing all ingredients together in a blender. Transfer to a ramekin.
- Thread an assortment of the ingredients on to the skewers – toasted bread squares, melon balls, basil, mozzarella, ham, salami, etc.
- Arrange skewers on a platter and drizzle with some of the basil vinaigrette. Serve the rest on the side with a small spoon.