- 250g streaky bacon
- 300g fusilli
- 250g ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Woolworths Select extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbs Woolworths Select balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup coarsely grated parmesan
- 60g rocket leaves
- 2 tbs Woolworths Select extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups sourdough breadcrumbs (see Tip)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbs chopped basil leaves
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Lay bacon on tray and transfer to a cold oven. Heat oven to 180°c. Cook for 20 minutes or until bacon is well coloured. Transfer to plate lined with paper towel and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet instructions. Drain.
3. To make pangrattato, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add parsley, basil and lemon rind and cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until browned.
4. Crush cherry tomatoes with a fork in a bowl to catch any juices. Whisk oil and vinegar in a separate bowl and season to taste. Break cooked bacon into small pieces.
5. Combine warm pasta, crushed tomatoes, bacon, half the parmesan and rocket in a large bowl. Add balsamic dressing and mix well.
6. Serve sprinkled with pangrattato and remaining parmesan.
tip: To make breadcrumbs, remove crusts from day-old bread slices. Cut into cubes. Process in a food processor until finely chopped.
See the full recipe here.