- 1/2 Bakers Delight Turkish Bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500g pork mince
- 11/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 400g tomato passata
- Taco shells or soft tacos
- 1 cos lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 mins, until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 min, until fragrant.
- Increase heat to high, add pork mince and cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 5 mins, until browned. Add brown sugar and cumin and cook for 1 min, until fragrant.
- Add vinegar and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until reduced.
- Stir through passata and simmer for 10 minutes until liquid reduces and thickens.
- Meanwhile, cut the Turkish bread into triangles and toast in a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Divide the pork mince mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, coriander between four bowls, and serve immediately with toasted.
See the full recipe here.